Thank you for a great year!
Have a wonderful New Year and we look forward to seeing you in Denver, CO 9/28-10/1/2016
Your NCOFCU Board of Directors
Welcome New Members!
Here's a warm welcome to our new and re-affiliated credit unions as of 12/25/15:
“There is nothing more vital to the future of a credit union than the ability to attract new members,” Board Chairman Debbie Matz said. “Our vision is to enable federal credit unions to reach potential members from all walks of life. With this proposed rule, we would expand consumer choice, increase access to affordable financial services and provide regulatory relief to a wide range of federal credit unions. At the same time, we will keep the federal charter competitive with state charters that allow more permissive field-of-membership rules.”Pages - Proposed Rule on Field of Membership Offers Regulatory Relief, Growth Opportunities
Consistent with the limitations outlined in the Federal Credit Union Act, the proposed rule would amend NCUA’s chartering and field-of-membership rule by:
Matz said the proposed rule was in large part the result of work by the Field-of-Membership Working Group she appointed in December 2014. NCUA Board Vice Chairman Rick Metsger had previously called on the agency to reform its field-of-membership rules.
- Modernizing the definition of “multiple common bond” to streamline the process for adding new groups to a charter;
- Enlarging the pool of potential members by expanding the areas that may be served by a community charter;
- Updating the process of defining an “underserved area;”
- Revising the “rural district” definition to include populations of up to 1 million people; and
- Expanding the definition of a “trade, industry or profession” as a single common bond.
“I would like to express our sincere gratitude to everyone who participated on calls with the NCUA Working Group,” Matz said. “Over the last 11 months, staff heard from hundreds of stakeholders from every region in the country. As a result, this proposal includes creative ideas, and we look forward to more input during the comment period.”
Consumer Protection, Inside the Beltway
Friday, November 06, 2015
Denver is a top-rated event, future-focused and themed around idea-sharing and innovation!
September 28 - October 1, 2016 Denver, CO
"By Firefighters For Firefighters"
“Great things happen when firefighters come together. Our Face-to-face interaction is the platform where collaboration begins, relationships are forged, and ideas are generated.”
The key aspects of this meeting will focus on the structured round table discussions among the attendees from the credit union community. Participants will have the opportunity to sit in on breakout sessions covering a variety of subjects of key interest to credit unions.You'll walk away with:
- Tools and techniques from credit union leaders
- Fresh and innovative business strategies – from growing your products to being ready for the next wave of change
- What you really need to know about the firefighter credit union environment
- New connections from open forums, networking receptions and special events.
A new no-cost TNC endorsement to CUNA Mutual Group’s Collateral Protection Blanket Auto policy protects credit unions from potential loan losses due to damage caused while a borrower is operating as a TNC driver. The new coverage became effective Oct. 1, in most states. State National Companies, CUNA Mutual Group’s alliance partner for Tracked Collateral Protection Insurance, will also be adding a similar, no-cost endorsement for Tracked CPI customers.“So there would be no coverage for the credit union in this situation. That’s why we created the TNC endorsement to cover credit unions should this occur.”