ARLINGTON–NAFCU will be hosting a free webinar on March 17 aimed at helping credit unions determine their institution's readiness to handle a pandemic as the threat of the coronavirus increases.
Financial regulators recently released pandemic preparedness guidance and have also encouraged financial institutions to be ready to help consumers who experience financial hardships as a result of the virus.
The webinar is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET Tuesday. While it is free, registration is required. It will be available on-demand for a year after the initial airing, NAFCU.
NAFCU added it is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 – the disease caused by the coronavirus – and has a resource page available online to help credit unions stay in-the-know of recent developments.
During the March17 webinar, NAFCU said credit unions will:
- Learn more about pandemics
- Identify their credit union's pandemic plan
- Discuss how to effectively communicate with employees and members the credit union's efforts to monitor and address the situation
- Prepare for likely scenarios
- Review ways to mitigate risk